Friday, August 15, 2008

Casket Quilt

This beautiful quilt belongs to my cousin Floyce. Floyce completed the embroidery work last fall and asked me to quilt it for her. She said she wants it to cover her casket. After establishing that she wouldn't be using it for that purpose for a very long time, I agreed to quilt it. It is lovely and was a pleasure to quilt. I love the comination of crosshatching and feathers, as well as the pleasing colors brought to the quilt by the embroidery. During the quilting I had hours of remembering the good times and coversation Floyce and I had when she lived close and we rode our bikes together each morning.

1 comment:

Cookie Mama said...

I love this quilt! It is so beautiful.

You are right; it's the perfect combination of crosshatching and feathers. You and Floyce have always made a great team!