Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Old Spice and Gun Powder

Last night I was listening to a replay of Reba. Her dad came to visit her. As she hugged him she said, "There's nothing like the smell of Old Spice and gun powder to make me think of home". How that made me think of my Dad and home. He exclusively used Old Spice aftershave and was busy much of the time reloading bullets, oiling and cleaning his guns or shooting them. Wouldn't I love to be able to give him a hug and smell that Dad smell again! Awhile back I dreamed he was piloting a small airplane and that I was his passenger. We were having a great time. I hated waking up to discover it was only a dream. Dad was a strong, hard working, manly man with a huge heart. He loved his family.

1 comment:

kanagaroo said...

Oh, That made me cry. How sweet. I miss and love Grandpa. He was such a great friend and had such interesting stories! I can just picture him reloading the shot in that room outside of the kitchen.